Win 5K For Your School Terms And Conditions
Belgian Boys “Win $5,000 For Your School" Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
For a chance to be the winner (one (1) total)) (“Prize Winner”) to select one (1) accredited K-12 public school located in the United States (an “Eligible School”) each to receive a $5,000 donation (each, a “Prize”), Entrants (defined below) must use the link available at https://www.belgianboys.com/pages/win5Kforyourschool starting on July 17, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Entries to the promotion close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 15, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). The Prize Winner must be legal residents of the United States eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
- The Prize Winner will be notified exclusively by e-mail to the address provided in the entry. Belgian Boys is not responsible for e-mail that routes to the spam/junk folder, is filtered from the system, or is lost or deleted. In the event that the original winner does not reply by October 31, 2023, a new winner will be chosen. .
You also agree that your entry and/or participation in this Giveaway indicates your agreement to the Rules without modification. If you do not agree to the Rules or any portion of them, please do not submit an entry.
Please also read these Rules carefully—they affect your legal rights, including, without limitation, your right to sue. Our contact information is listed at the end of these Rules.
Finally, by entering and participating in this Giveaway, you represent, warrant and agree that you are at least 18 years old, have reached the age of legal majority where you reside (legal US Residents only), and have the legal authority to provide the information and waive and release those Claims (defined below) described in these Rules.
This Giveaway is open to any legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who is at least eighteen (18) years old and has reached the age of legal majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she/they reside, except that the following individuals are not eligible to enter or participate in the Giveaway: (a) any individual on the United States Office of Foreign Asset Control’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list; or (b) residents of any jurisdiction against which the United States has imposed trade sanctions such that their residents’ entry into and/or participation in this Giveaway is prohibited. In addition, the individuals listed in the following paragraph may not enter this Giveaway.
Employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, and any of such entities’ related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of this Giveaway or production or distribution of its materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility requirements in its sole discretion.
See our full terms and conditions below.
Full Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- The promoter of the Giveaway is Belgian Boys, 240 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11249.
- The Belgian Boys “Win $5,000 For Your School Giveaway” commences in the United States on July 17, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time and closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 15, 2023. Belgian Boys takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to trade disruptions, human error, or for any other reason. Incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
- How to enter: THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. All entries must be submitted online. To enter: fully complete the entry form linked at https://www.belgianboys.com/pages/win5Kforyourschool. This Giveaway is in no way associated with or sponsored by any email, internet or wireless provider. All entries must indicate the Eligible School that the Entrant designates to be a donation recipient in the event the Entrant is selected as the Prize Winner.
- In order to be eligible: Entries must be received by Belgian Boys during the Promotion Period. You agree to be bound by the applicable Rules. Any costs associated with the entry will be the Entrant’s sole responsibility.
- How to Win; Odds of Winning: One (1) Prize Winner will be drawn throughout the United States throughout the Promotion Period (totaling 1 Prize Winner).
The Prize Winner will be selected from entries submitted within the Promotion Period and will be picked at random by representatives of Belgian Boys at either 240 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11249 or remotely at a link that will be provided upon request. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Prize Winners will be notified exclusively by email beginning October 16, 2023. Belgian Boys is not responsible for e-mail that routes to the spam/junk folder, is filtered from the system, or is lost or deleted.
Belgian Boys does not guarantee that any individual Entrant will become the Prize Winner.
A potential Prize Winner may be required to execute and return, within seventy-two (72) hours of notification, an affidavit attesting to his/her/their eligibility, a liability waiver and an IRS W-9 form (where applicable) to be confirmed as a Prize Winner (all such documents, the “Additional Documents”). The Additional Documents may require the potential Prize Winner to furnish his/her/their social security number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. The Additional Documents must be properly signed and returned by the date indicated in the communication with which they are provided, or the potential winner will be disqualified.
If a potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted through the information provided in his/her/their entry, fails to sign and return the Additional Documents within the required time period (as applicable) and/or the potential winner is otherwise disqualified as permitted in the Rules, the potential Prize Winner forfeits the Prize.
Receiving the Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Rules.
No Entrant is the Prize Winner unless and until the Sponsor officially confirms him/her/them as the Prize winner in accordance with these Rules.
The Prize Winner list will be available after the Promotion Period is complete by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Prize: The Prize consists of:
- A Five Thousand Dollar ($5,000) donation (in the form of a check to the school district or school administrator) to one (1) Eligible K-12 School designated by the Prize Winner in his/her/their entry.
Entries are non-transferable and non-refundable, and no substitutions by Entrants will be permitted. Belgian Boys reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, substitute the Prize for another prize. Limit one (1) entry per family/household/organization; the Prize Winner may not win multiple Prizes. In the event that an Eligible School rejects, or is otherwise incapable of receiving, the donation under an entry, Belgian Boys may in its sole discretion may choose to select another Eligible School for the donation, select an alternative Prize Winner, or not administer that donation. Eligible Schools will not be deemed third party beneficiaries of these Rules.
- Taxes. Any federal, provincial, state and local taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Rules, including, without limitation, for winning the Prize, are your sole responsibility and we may issue an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the fair market value of the Prize that you win in the calendar year that you win it. Although the donations made pursuant to the Prize Winners’ entries are to be paid to the Eligible Schools designated on the entries, Prize Winners may be taxed on the Prize.
- Disqualifications. Belgian Boys reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and participants (including, without limitation, proof of identity, age and residency). Belgian Boys may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entry that in the opinion of Belgian Boys, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any participant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Rules or who has, in Belgian Boys’ opinion, engaged in conduct in entering the Giveaway that is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Giveaway or Belgian Boys. Belgian Boys reserves the right to disqualify any entry, including the Prize Winner, if Belgian Boys becomes aware that the entry is not submitted in accordance with the Rules.
- Assumption of Risk; Waiver and Release of Liability.
You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Giveaway, and, if applicable, your redemption of the Prize, is undertaken voluntarily and entirely at your own risk, and you agree to assume all such risk, including, without limitation, risk of property damage, bodily injury or death, and all other damage or potential damage, whether known or unknown to you.
Without limiting your obligations in the next paragraph, you agree to release us, and each of our affiliates, employees, officers, directors, advertising and promotion and agencies, administrators, prize component providers and related entities (together, the “Released Parties”) from, and forever give up and waive your right to sue or claim against any of them for, any and all claims, causes, suits or other liability, loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, whether known or unknown to you (together, “Claims”), arising out of, caused by, resulting from or relating to this Giveaway, the Rules, your participation in the Giveaway, our use of your Personal Information as permitted herein, and/or your use or misuse of the Prize, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death, defamation or invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity rights, and merchandise delivery. Please note that this waiver and release specifically extends to Claims or portions of Claims alleging or arising as the result of Released Parties’ negligence.
You acknowledge and agree that the foregoing waiver and release will be binding on your heirs, estate, successors and permitted assigns.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA: You specifically waive the protections of the following law and acknowledge and agree that the Claims described in the following are included in your waiver and release above:
California Civil Code Section 1542: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against, and will reimburse the Released Parties for, any and all Claims brought by third parties (including by Eligible Schools) against one or more of the Released Parties and/or suffered or incurred by one or more Released Parties as a result of such third party Claims to the extent arising out of, or relating to, your violation of the Rules including, without limitation, your breach of your warranty set forth above.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WITHOUT LIMITING YOUR WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS ABOVE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE TO YOU FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, INACCURATE, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, ILLEGIBLE, CORRUPTED OR ALTERED ENTRIES, ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OF ENTRIES, ANY COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO ENTRIES, ALTERATION OF ENTRIES, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, MALICIOUS CODE, HACKING, OR CYBERSECURITY BREACH, FAILURE OF ANY ENTRIES TO BE RECEIVED ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THE RULES OR ANY OTHER TRANSACTIONAL AGREEMENTS, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANTS’ OR ANY OTHER PERSONS' COMPUTERS OR SMARTPHONE DEVICES RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN THIS GIVEAWAY.
BELGIAN BOYS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH THAT IS SUFFERED OR SUSTAINED (WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM ANY PERSON’S OR ENTITY’S NEGLIGENCE) IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY OR ACCEPTING OR UTILIZING THE PRIZE, EXCEPT FOR ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW (IN WHICH CASE, THAT LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MINIMUM ALLOWABLE BY LAW).
ADDITIONALLY, BELGIAN BOYS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO ALL ENTRANTS ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THIS GIVEAWAY OR THESE RULES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE PRIZE VALUE, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, BELGIAN BOYS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. BELGIAN BOYS HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
If you are selected as the Prize Winner, we may also disclose (i) your first and last name, city and state of residence via social media and our website(s) as the Prize Winner of the Giveaway; and (ii) your first initial, last name and city and state of residence to any third party who requests that we provide them with a list of winners.
We will not provide your Personal Information to any third party other than (i) as provided for in these Rules; (ii) to our contractors, agencies and business partners who may assist us for the business purposes described in (a) but only to the extent required for them to do so and (iii) as required by applicable law (including, without limitation, to governmental or taxing authorities). We will also treat all Personal Information as required by applicable laws.
- Cancellation/Suspension. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which that the result or prevents or hinders its determination (including, but not limited to, computer virus, vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest and strikes), Belgian Boys may in its sole discretion cancel the Giveaway and/or Prize arrangements and recommence it at a later date. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, for any other reason, including, but not limited to, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond our reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by us in our sole discretion. If we modify the Giveaway, or these Rules, we will place notification on this page. Any attempt by any person or entity to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person or entity to the fullest extent permitted by law. Our failure to enforce any term of the Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of them.
- Disputes: By entering this Giveaway, you agree to the Rules and our decisions about and interpretation of and in connection with them, all of which are final and binding in all respects. This Giveaway and the Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York, or the United States courts sitting in New York, New York, for the adjudication for any Claims or disputes arising out of, or relating to, the Giveaway and the Rules. Venue for such disputes will be in the courts of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, NY, USA.
- Rules Request: To request a copy of the Rules, email us at email@example.com subject line: Belgian Boys “Win $5,000 For Your School Giveaway” Rules Request within thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period. Requests received after that time will not be fulfilled.
If you have any questions about this Campaign, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPONSOR: B Boys Inc., d/b/a “Belgian Boys,” 240 Kent Ave., Brooklyn, New York 11249